The grandeur and silence of Haleakala provide a profound experience. This area has been nicknamed the “quietest place on Earth.”
WATERFALL & RAINFOREST HIKING ADVENTURE
- Per Person
This is our most popular hike in an amazingly unique valley. Dazzling waterfalls from 10 to 40 feet high, large clear swimming pools under each of the falls, magical rainforests, and freshwater streams. It’s an exciting adventure where you can jump safely from rock ledges into several falls and learn about Maui’s wonders from our naturalist guides.
Follow two streams to 3 to 5 breathtaking waterfalls from 10 to 40 feet high. Swim and jump (optional) into large pools under several of the falls. Climb volcanic shelves at 3 of the falls to leap 10 to 15 feet off rock ledges. Popular valley with private trails situated along the Hana Highway. End your day with a “shower” under a real Hawaiian waterfall. Learn about the island and its rainforests from our expert guides. Nutritious lunch and snacks included.
DIFFICULTY RATING: Moderate—Easy for some, more challenging for others, depending upon weather and water level conditions. Participants must be able to hike unaided over uneven terrain, and maneuver confidently over slippery rocks, and around tree stumps, roots and branches.
- 9:30am – 2:30pm, hotel transfers add time to the tour.
- Total hiking distance is approximately 2.5 miles.
- Minimum age is 6.
- Maximum number of hikers per tour is 12.
- We run our tours in most weather conditions, but reserve the right to alter tour parameters if safety issues arise.
- Please call or email us prior to booking if you are a single traveler and require hotel transfers.
- If there are multiple parties in your group booking separately, please let us know you are together in the “Comments & Special Requests” section of the online booking form.