Explore one of Maui’s most beautiful valleys nestled along the famous Hana Highway. This valley is unique for having several fully accessible waterfalls situated within comfortable hiking distance of the trailhead.
HALEAKALA CRATER HIKING EXPERIENCE
- Per Person
A visit to Maui is not complete without experiencing Haleakala Crater—a magnificent amphitheater of silence, and a place of beauty that always evokes awe. Our crater tour offers an adventure through two very different environments high up on this dormant volcano. On a clear day, it seems you can see forever.
Hike into both sides of Haleakala; each environment is very different from the other, so both should be experienced to gain a true appreciation for this natural phenomenon. Two-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit where huge cinder cones dominate the desert-like, expansive scenery. Another two-mile hike at 8,000 ft. on a lava trail lined with rare native plant species. Views stretch for miles in all directions. Nutritious lunch and snacks included.
DIFFICULTY RATING: Challenging—More demanding due to rugged terrain at significant elevation, total miles covered, elevation loss/gain, and length of time in the van.
- 8:30am – 3:30pm from our Kahului Park & Ride meeting location.
- Total hiking distance is approximately 4 miles.
- Minimum age is 8.
- Maximum number of hikers per tour is 11.
- We run our tours in most weather conditions, but reserve the right to alter tour parameters if safety issues arise.
- If there are multiple parties in your group booking separately, please let us know you are together in the “Comments & Special Requests” section of the online booking form.