Hike into both sides of Haleakala; each environment is very different from the other, so both should be experienced to gain a true appreciation for this natural phenomenon. Two-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit where huge cinder cones dominate the desert-like, expansive scenery. Another two-mile hike at 8,000 ft. on a lava trail lined with rare native plant species. Views stretch for miles in all directions. Nutritious lunch and snacks included.
DIFFICULTY RATING: Challenging—More demanding due to rugged terrain at significant elevation, total miles covered, elevation loss/gain, and length of time in the van.
- 8:30am – 3:30pm from our Kahului Park & Ride meeting location.
- Total hiking distance is approximately 4 miles.
- Minimum age is 8.
- Maximum number of hikers per tour is 11.
- We run our tours in most weather conditions, but reserve the right to alter tour parameters if safety issues arise.
- If there are multiple parties in your group booking separately, please let us know you are together in the “Comments & Special Requests” section of the online booking form.